Submission Formatting Checklist
Please check your paper using the checklist below before submitting to AMCIS 2022 – these are in addition to the instructions in the template. The list below reflects the most common issues that are encountered during the screening phase, which takes place before papers go to review. Following these instructions will improve the reading experience of your manuscript.
- Be sure to use the template provided. Papers that do not use the template will be desk rejected without further review.
- Paper size: Ensure the paper size is US letter format, not A4 format.
- Margins should be 1 inch (2.54 cm). Please respect the margins: do not let figures bleed into the margins.
- Ensure the title is formatted using Georgia Bold typeface, 20 points size. The title should be centered on the page. The title should NOT be set in all capitals – only the main words should be capitalized (e.g.: “A Checklist for ICIS 2018 Submissions”)
- Submission type: Don’t forget to specify the submission type just below the title. Pick one of the types specified in the template. Please remove all red text including “Submission Type:”.
- Do not specify the track in the paper – this is captured by the Precision Conference system and will be included on the generated cover page
- No author names: Ensure the author names are NOT on the paper. Please note that if your paper reveals author names anywhere, they will be desk rejected outright without any further review.
- No abstract: Ensure the abstract is not included in the PDF of your submission – the abstract must be entered in a separate step in the Precision Conference submission system.
- Normal text: Ensure normal body text is formatted using Georgia 10 point Text should be justified (not ragged on the right). Please make sure that the references are also set in Georgia 10 point.
- No indentation. Do not indent the first line of a new paragraph.
- No section numbers. Ensure sections are not numbered.
- Section headers. Section headers must be set in Georgia bold typeface, 13 point. Don’t forget that the word “References” just before the bibliography is a Section header, too.
- Figure/Table text. Don’t cheat by writing significant chunks of text in a smaller typeface in tables (obviously, short descriptions etc. may be typeset in an appropriate size). Table text should also be set in Georgia typeface. Make sure all text is readable. Also, do not paste a table as an image that was generated in a different software program; instead, use the word processor’s built-in table feature.
- Line spacing. Ensure the normal line spacing is 1.0 – paragraphs are separated by a small vertical space of 6pt (no need to do this manually; this is already set-up in the template – as long as the normal text is formatted using the “normal” style).
- Paper length. Be sure to respect the page limitations. Check out the table below this list that summarizes the page limitations.
- Comments and marked changes. Be sure to “Accept all changes” in the document and remove any comments made in the document before generating the PDF.
- No numbered references. Be sure to use the reference style as prescribed: (Name Year). Do NOT use numeric references such as this: [1, 2, 3].
- Sort references alphabetically. Not in any other order.
- References are not paragraphs. the line spacing between references should be 1.0 (same distance as between two lines in normal text). Also, all lines after the first of one reference should be “hanging” by 0.25 inch. Just select all text in the references section, and select the “Reference” style in MS Word from the style manager.
- Ensure references exist. When using a reference manager such as EndNote, ensure that all references are included in the paper (Pro tip: search for the string “error” before generating a PDF).
- Short title. Don’t forget to set the “Short title” in the header – use up to 8 words.
|Submission Type||Maximum Number of Pages|
|Completed Research Papers||10|
|Panel, Workshops, and PDS proposals||See the respective Forms|
|Teaching case submission:|
Teaching case +
|Teaching case: TBD|
Teaching note: TBD
These page limits are all inclusive, and include the title, body of the paper, figures and tables, references, and appendices.