Ancillary Meeting Planning
As part of the 2022 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), the Association for Information Systems (AIS) is seeking participation by all Information Systems organizations to conduct an ancillary meeting at AMCIS.
Registration is now open for all SIG/Ancillary/Pre/Post conference meeting event requests.
Should you require assistance or have questions during this process, contact Natalia Hurd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder all workshops should be submitted as workshops.
Workshops Co-Chairs (Amcisworkshop@gmail.com):
- Lakshmi Iyer
- Nerur Sridhar
- Mochen Yang
Workshops are typically half- or full-day sessions that facilitate discussion and exploration of ideas, techniques, and methodologies that advance research, teaching knowledge of IS-related concepts, or products from industry and their application to academia, educational curricula, or industry practice.
Key Benefits to using the OAM Site to plan your ancillary event:
- SIG and Ancillary events arranged through the OAM receive the best available audio/visual and food & beverage rates.
- Your event attendees will have the convenience to book during the AMCIS registration process, or to add your event to their itineraries after registration.
- Hotel management – Ancillary event organizers can opt to take advantage of AIS’ meeting planning services to negotiate on your behalf to plan your event exactly how you want.
Ancillary Meeting Schedule
|Submission of REGISTRATION PORTION of OAM Application||May 2, 2022|
|Approval of your ancillary meeting program and registration form description.||One week after receipt from AIS.|
|Submission of meeting specifications including audio-visual equipment, food & beverage selections, and room setup.||July 12, 2022|
· Listing your group on the Official AMCIS Registration Form
· Processing payment
· Scheduled registration reports
· Scheduled financial reports
· Name badges (following official conference format only)
· Badge ribbons (as available) and lanyard
· Onsite registration service
· Logistical planning
· Discounted menus and menu planning
· Discounted AV prices
· Audio-visual equipment recommendation
· Room layout recommendation
· On-site coordination
· Hotel bill review
|Ancillary Meeting Registration Reports|
We will post the number of registrants on the “Ancillary Meetings” page on the AMCIS 2022 website by end of the day, every Tuesday.
You will receive a full report with names, dietary restrictions, email address, twice before the conference begins.
· 1st Report: 3rd week of July
· 2nd Report: 1st week of August
· Final Report: You will receive the most current report when you check in at the onsite registration desk.
|Meeting Planning Coordination Fees|
· No planning coordination fee – Only applicable to SIG Business Meetings (without audio visual and/or food and beverage) and AIS related groups such as journals, affiliated conferences, AIS business meetings, etc.
· $250 – Only applicable to SIGS and Chapters. Flat fee regardless of number of days or events.
· $ 350 – Non-AIS affiliated groups (1-day event), or workshops, and ancillary receptions
· $ 500 – 2-day event
· $ 650 – Events three or more days
Audio Visual Costs
|LCD Projector Package – Hotel||Includes Tripod screen, LCD Projector, cart, cabling||$576++|
|AIS Projector Package|
-Based on availability
|Tripod screen, AIS LCD Projector, cart, cabling, install and dismantle; includes labor||$300++|
|Screen Package Only||$176++|
|Podium Microphone with Audio Package||This includes a microphone, mixer and audio package (1 speaker). Labor fee (set-up and strike) is included in cost.||$276++|
|Panel Microphone w/Podium Microphone Package||Above package, plus up to 3 table microphones.||$56++/per table mic|
|Table Microphone with Audio Package||This includes a microphone, mixer and audio package (1 speaker). Labor fee (set-up and strike) is included in cost. Up to 4 mics.||$276++|
|Wireless Microphone Kit w/ Small Speaker Sound System||Includes wireless kit, mixer and audio package.||$384++|
*Add 23% service fee and 8.025% tax.
Food and Beverage Costs
Please click here for food and beverage options.
Should you have any questions during this process, please contact Natalia Hurd at email@example.com.